[time-nuts] 58536A splitter and 9390-6000 GPS

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Fri May 20 03:35:13 UTC 2011

Robert,

Two questions.

First, what is the voltage at the 9390 antenna connector with nothing attached
besides your DVM ?

Second, what happens if you just attach the antenna straight to the 9390 ?  By
this i mean if voltage is on the antenna connector and while you are observing it
and then attach the antenna what happens ?

I suspect there is some protection process with the 9390 and the load or reverse
voltage present from the splitter is causing it to activate.  However, I am not
familiar with that unit.  Just asking general troubleshooting questions.

Bill....WB6BNQ