[time-nuts] What are these towers?

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Fri May 20 22:14:02 UTC 2011

Jason,

It looks like a directional array for an AM broadcast station.  Directional arrays of this sort are used to protect other AM broadcast
station's primary service areas (i.e., reduce interference to).

The number of towers is determined by the directions that require the reduced signal levels.  Also it may be that the towers are
re-arranged from "Daytime" to "Nighttime" as well as power changes that may be required of the transmitting station.

Bill....WB6BNQ