[time-nuts] Strange temperature peak

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Fri May 27 19:19:06 UTC 2011

On 5/27/2011 8:59 PM, francesco messineo wrote:
> since the plot has a step jump, seems only a few tens mC, and then it
> comes slowly back to the "normal" track, I'd rule out at least an
> external temperature change: the thunderbolt can easily detect an hand
> in its proximity even for a few seconds, but I don't remember ever
> seen a step change.
> Could be a firmware/sensor/communication error, but I'm not able to
> explain why it comes back to normal slowly (but I'm sure there's a
> firmware reason for that).
Frank,

    thanks. I can obviously rule out a hand or a body in proximity of the GPSDO,
as when that happened I was alone in the house and moreover the door was locked.

I would tend to consider it some sort of glitch either in the firmware or in the
temperature sensor. I would be curious to know if somebody else has ever observed
in his Thunderbolt a similar phenomenon.

73  Alberto  I2PHD