[time-nuts] Z3801 EFC error

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Tue Nov 1 13:37:07 UTC 2011

If any one needs an original 10811 manual I have a few. Please contact me
off list.
Bert

In a message dated 11/1/2011 9:21:43 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jltran at att.net writes:

Bob,

The thermal fuse is inside the OCXO which is inside the  outer oven.  There
was a recent (past week or so) thread on this list  about a thermal fuse
failure including pictures of the inside where the  fuse is located.  This,
however, was for the 'non' wrapped version of  the 10811.  The problem will
be getting past the outer oven.   I've never tried that though I have
replaced the thermal fuse on the 'non'  wrapped 10811.  That was really
straight forward.

I don't  recall seeing a manual specifically for the 'wrapped' version of
the
10811  but the manual for the 'non' wrapped version is available on  the
internet.  I think one is on Didier's site.

The trouble  shooting guide is very helpful in finding out if the thermal
fuse is the  problem.  Just measure the heater circuit current for the
inner
oven.  If zero, the thermal fuse is the place to start.   The outer oven,
though, I think is separate.  If your Z3801A is used  indoors, I suspect the
outer oven is probably not needed.

Good  luck.

Joe