[time-nuts] Monitoring the Rapco 1804M - how antenna changes affect the unit

Peter Bell bell.peter at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 02:08:44 UTC 2011

> Next time I have the unit open I will take a look.  Are there obvious
> markings to distinguish the boards (it's a board and not a box), as I recall
> looking but no seeing any.

It's been a while, but from what I remember the boards look almost
identical - the standard configuration has a part of 9-pin D-Types, an
SMB connector for the antenna and a 3-pin header for the power.
Probably the best thing to do is to look for the P/N and google it.
Those older units seem to have fallen into the memory hole at Trimble,
though - they don't quite deny ever making them, but seem to have
almost no info on them now.

I have had a look on my external hard drive that's got all the old
crap backed up on it, but came up blank - that doesn't mean it's not
there, just that my "filing" system has failed :)

Regards,

Pete