[time-nuts] Raven Industries GPS in-line L1 Amplifier

Michael Perrett mkperrett at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 06:07:25 UTC 2011

Just be careful on overloading the front end of a GPS receiver. A typical
(what ever that is anymore) GPS receiver has about a maximum of a 15 dB
power bandwidth. If overloading occurs (minor), it might swamp the strong
signals. If you already have an active antenna the extra 12 dB of the
in-line amp may effectively "jam" all the signals. That said, thanks for
the heads up and I believe I'll get one just to try :).

Michael / K7HIL