[time-nuts] Raven Industries GPS in-line L1 Amplifier

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 12:36:47 UTC 2011

> What's the problem in sending to the UK. I've used their products in the
> past.
>
> Rob Kimberley

Yes, I've bought stuff from all over the world, but this vendor appears
not to want to sell to the UK (when I try and buy on eBay).  A pity.

I'm trying a different approach to GPS pucks at the moment.  Instead of
outside on a SSW facing window, I'm trying inside at the top of the loft,
under the roof.  Theory being that more overhead satellites will be seen,
which may be what the RX is set for as it's for a time, not position
usage.  The cable I have has a loss of about 4 dB, so working without a
pre-amp is not giving too good a signal right now!  Another pre-amp is on
order, but the eBay one would have been a better box.

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email:  david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk