[time-nuts] PicPlot GPIB to RS-232

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 18:38:50 UTC 2011

Indeed I have 5 of these boxes and they will talk to lots of devices etc.
They come in different vintages. Some will go to 19.2 Kb/s while blackbox
as an example will do 56 Kb/s. So that's something to watch out for as far
as setting your application up.
These show up at flea markets for $5. No one cares about them so I have
grabbed them when I see them. Some look beat but they all seem to work just
fine.
Interfacing is pretty simple you can even use hyperterminal as an example
for basic stuff.
Unfortunately no one is adapting the more modern software to leverage
these. Though I did see in Nat Intruments they support rs232 instruments,
but the you need the NI LAB key....
Regards
Paul.
WB8TSL