[time-nuts] FE 5680A "new version" - Filtering the 10 MHz

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Wed Nov 16 04:43:03 UTC 2011

The DDs is part of the Rb loop, the PLD divides by 3 and 2, the 10 MHz is a
 direct function of the XTAL. I am sure the PLD also has other functions.
Older  models had a 50.255 XTAL with a DDS on the output, I think the change
occurred  some time between 2000 and 2002.
Bert Kehren

In a message dated 11/15/2011 8:02:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
albertson.chris at gmail.com writes:

On Tue,  Nov 15, 2011 at 4:25 PM, beale <beale at bealecorner.com> wrote:
>  Sylvain Munaut wrote:
>> It's not generated from a DDS. It's from a  xilinx PLD,

I think the DDS is implemented inside the PLD.

Sying  "that is not a DDS, it's a PLD, is like saying "That is not an
amplifier,  it is a transistor."

In the description of how the device works in the  data sheet they say
there is a DDS inside the programmable  synthesizer.   It seems
reasonable that several functions are  implemented inside the PLD and
this seems to be supported by the data  sheet.
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach,  California