[time-nuts] iPhone keeping better time?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 17:58:44 UTC 2011

> As I remember you simply compile NTP on the Mac and it just worked.
> No need for a "port".  Has something changed?    Mac OS is really just
> BSD with a big bunch of layered software on top.
>
> Chris Albertson

I'd looked for a download, and not found one.  I cannot imagine the
typically portrayed Mac (or PC) user compiling NTP for themselves.  But if
it's installed by default, and correctly configured, it's not an issue.

Lack of good timekeeping on the iPhone or iPad is an unnecesaary
inconvenience in use.

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu