[time-nuts] Racal-Dana 1992 Startup -- GPIB!

Dan Rae danrae at verizon.net
Wed Nov 16 18:00:51 UTC 2011

On 11/16/2011 8:47 AM, Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R wrote:
>   I don't know exactly which
> timebase my 1992 has, but I did notice the 5 to 10 MHz doubler
> on the back of the oscillator,  The back has separate coarse
> and fine frequency adjustments.  Can someone identify which
> timebase is fitted to this counter?
It is the high stability one Chuck if it has the two adjustments and the
doubler.  If you are planning on using it I recommend leaving it plugged
in always and just pressing the Standby button when you don't want to
use it which keeps the oven permanently on.  This way the oven will be
most stable.  Mind you if you use the external timebase input there's no
point in doing that.

Back in the day before T'bolts etc., it was the best oven I had, almost
up to -hp- 10811 standards.

Dan

ac6ao