[time-nuts] iPhone keeping better time?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 06:09:18 UTC 2011

> See also:
> [1] http://code.google.com/p/ios-ntp/wiki/WhatsItAllAbout
> [2]
> http://www.quora.com/Will-iOS-5-Support-NTP-so-that-the-iPad-can-keep-time
>
> Under iOS 5, you can tell an iOS device to automatically set its time
> and it appears to use a very simple timed to do it, see the second
> reference.

Thanks, Colby.  From the first reference I found:

    Settings > General > Date & Time has a "Set Automatically" now
    Settings > Location Services > System Services has a "Setting Time
Zone"

and now I'm a happy bunny!  I had looked for this in the iOS 5 info, but
not found it.  By default it was not set on my iPad2 (upgraded from iOS 4)
Now only about 0.6 seconds out!

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu