[time-nuts] Those pesky Neutrinos again...

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 21:08:08 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Alberto di Bene <dibene at usa.net> wrote:
> On 11/20/2011 8:17 PM, Robin Kimberley wrote:
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-15791236
>>
>> Thoughts anyone?
> Theoreticians are inclined to think in terms of a fourth spatial dimension.
> This is the current line of thought at CERN. In this perspective, the neutrinos
> would have traveled for a distance shorter than thought, taking a shortcut
> via the fourth dimension, so to speak...

If there is no experimental error that has to be the answer.  These
other dimension must be very tiny if they have not been detected.  The
only way for the photons to take a longer path is if they oscillate in
these higher dimensions.  And neutrinos simply oscillate differently,
maybe a lower frequency.  so they both take corkscrew-like paths
through higher dimensional space the difference is how tightly the
screw is wind up.

I think when the answer comes out t will be like everything else, so
simple we all will say "it's obvious"

There is nothing exotic or hard to understand about a fourth spacial
dimension.  In our "old" 3d space we specify location with three
numbers, x,y and z.  With 4D we just need one more w,x,y and z.  But
if all this is correct the size of the entire universe in the "w"
direction is much smaller then a proton, so we just never noticed.
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California