[time-nuts] Symmetricom 2700 Time Source

Brucekareen at aol.com Brucekareen at aol.com
Mon Nov 21 14:39:00 UTC 2011

I removed the SRS PRS-10 oscillator from my unit for examination.  The
1PPS output appears on Pin #5 (See page 19 of the manual) and is not connected
to the 2700.

It appears the 2700 does not rely on the PRS-10 alone for timing
information;  it tracks and aggregates available sources.  The final  1PPS is likely
developed in the microcontroller chip.

Is there an online source for the BTSMonitor software used to communicate
with the Symmetricom 2700?  I could not find it on the Symmetricom  site.  I
am not certain it would be enough to access my unit as it is a  used one
and may have user names and passwords set.  I  bought the unit for the PRS-10
rubidium oscillator, but am becoming  interested in the simplified reception
capability of the unit.

Bruce, KG6OJI