[time-nuts] The GPS velocity of light versus neutrinos

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 22 13:35:39 UTC 2011

On 11/21/11 9:05 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:
> You guys missed my point.  I did not mean that survey and timing errors are
> so large  What I meant was that even if you assume unreasonably large
> errors (like a surveyor being off by a full meter) you still don't get
> 60nS.
>

> If I were to bet money, still I'd bet on some experimental error.  That is
> the safe bet.  But I'd sure be happy to loose

Ah yes.. even an obvious egregious screwup in the time or distance
measurement still wouldn't account for the relatively huge difference
that's been observed.

I don't know about experimental error (in the sense of measurement
uncertainty)..

I'd go for some unexpected systematic error or factor unaccounted for.
(naturally, that "unaccounted for factor" might be that neutrinos don't
happen to follow gen'l relativity)