[time-nuts] Low noise power supplies for time nuts circuitry

Kevin Rosenberg kevin at rosenberg.net
Thu Nov 24 18:45:05 UTC 2011

> 78xx Regulators are quite noisy. You can use them to filter the
> noise of a cheap DC/DC converter, but i wouldnt use them feed
> high precision electronics. There are a lot better designs these days.

Hi Attila,

Would you mind recommending some low-noise regulators? Perhaps for
both low and high current applications? I'm looking for 12V to power
some OXCOs to be used a reference oscillator for a phase noise tester.
On the higher current side, maybe to power a rubidium (or at least
filter the switcher).

Thanks very much,

Kevin