[time-nuts] DGPS at home

Pierpaolo Bernardi olopierpa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 13:57:00 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 25, 2011 at 06:26, ehydra <ehydra at arcor.de> wrote:
> I read that for position accuracy ionospheric effects are the main source
> for typical single frequency receivers. So looking for DOP would be not
> helpful because the ionospheric way is for two 'relative' on the same
> position located teceivers vs. satellites position almost the same and that
> would cancel this error source out!? The end-effect should be better values
> than seen in the datasheet.

Ionospheric effects account for about half the DOP, IIRC. So, if I understand
your requirement, and you are interested only in the relative
difference of position
between two nearby units, you should obtain a relative precision about double
of the absolute precision of a single unit.

If the units make use of WAAS or EGNOS, probably the gain in relative precision
would be less, I think.

If you do a test, let us know your findings.

Cheers
P.