[time-nuts] Help with TCXO

Michael Malloy mechano at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 05:15:37 UTC 2011

Hi all I ordered a 8.192MHZ TCXO 1.0PPM
Now it was supposed to have a clipped sine wave output? however it
looks more like a saw tooth, I assumed a clipped sine would be a sine
wave with the peaks clipped, I am running this through
a 150pF cap and then using a inverter amplifier i.e. 74HC04 with a 1M
resistor from input to output.

am I over loading or loading down the the oscillator, or should I be
changing the buffer capacitor?
I mean the circuit is working but its not 45/55 duty cycle
the out put looks like the first 0 -90 degrees of a sine wave then
drops to zero stays there for about 20% of the duty cycle then ramps
back up?

I have it set to 4.9 volts in its rated at 5.0 volts do I need to
increase this to a little over 5.0 volts
http://www.myfrequencyxtal.com/bbs/data/tcxo/M4_S_tcxo.pdf
link to data sheet however i just realised the mistake I could have
made i have grounded the V.C pin
I didn't think that would matter as its not a VCTCXO???

any hep would be appreciated

--
#include <sig.h>