[time-nuts] Help with TCXO

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Nov 28 13:42:55 UTC 2011

On Mon, 28 Nov 2011 19:28:37 +1100
Michael Malloy <mechano at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was pretty sure that the 4000 CMOS range was only really good sub
> 1Mhz I am wrong here? please correct me
> thats why I chose the 74HC series as its high speed CMOS??

High speed is a very relative term here. It's high speed compared
to the 4000 series, it's is not high speed in modern terms.
If you want speed, then look for the AC* or LV* families.
Like always: check the data sheets of the parts to see whether
they fit your need. NXP and fairchild have general guides on
logic families and their characteristics online.

			Attila Kinali
		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin