[time-nuts] Line Voltage frequency Interface morphed to batteries

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Nov 30 20:06:07 UTC 2011

> I hooked up a 47k resistor from line to the 50 ohm input of my 5334B and it
> "just worked."

That's something I wouldn't do.  It's too easy to forget to push the 50 ohm
button.  I might do it if I had a handy 50 ohm terminator built into a BNC
pass through.  That would be easy to verify with a quick glance.

>  I am watching the 60 Hz drift all around as I type this (although not all
> that far, seems to be holding within 0.01 Hz tonight).

I'm surprised you are that close.  How long have you been watching?

I think 0.1 Hz (low) is where the US power companies have to file paperwork
so they try (very) hard to avoid getting that low.

Here is what I saw.  Each data point is averaging over 10 seconds.
  http://www.megapathdsl.net/~hmurray/time-nuts/60Hz/60Hz-Jul11-12-freq.png