[time-nuts] Determining Time-Nut infection severity.

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Wed Nov 30 20:48:22 UTC 2011

> A spare Linux machine with a 192 KHz sound card could generate the signal directly,
> then use a modified audio amp to boost the signal.  You could write the software to
> emulate a choice of stations.

Chuck,

There's software under leapsecond.com/tools that you'll find
helpful in this effort (wwvb* tco*). Have a look at:
http://www.leapsecond.com/notes/wwvb2.htm

I also have a version that uses a standard 44.1 kHz sound card
to generate audio at 60kHz/N (for example 60000/11 = 5454 Hz)
and then plays the sound through headphones next to a WWVB
clock. The Nth harmonic of the magnetic coupling between the
headphones and the clock does the trick. It works (but I found
the high pitched sound obnoxious).

/tvb