[time-nuts] HP 5065a Rb ref update and question on time scale

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 14:05:46 UTC 2011

Magnus,
Indeed on my 5065a 8714 seems to be the right number. With the cfield I
could trim to the gps just fine and hit the stability specification. By the
table thats says I am -250 parts. OK, it works.
But I would think I should be at 9999 or 0 offset by the table even though
its not exactly zero.
Second item is that if I adjust the lsd I would believe I should shift a
bit. But it seems to have a much larger effect.
As Corby said it doesn't actually matter.
Just not making much sense though with your math maybe I need to run the
numbers and see whats really going on. In that respect its much like the CS
5061standard.

I am curious that maybe back in 1974 atomic time was one thing and then a
correction was done that makes it -250 from what it was. Maybe a historical
adjustment.
Regards
Paul.

On Sat, Oct 1, 2011 at 4:53 AM, Magnus Danielson <magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org