[time-nuts] [Solved] Looking for multiple PPS timestamp logging

Kevin Rosenberg kevin at rosenberg.net
Mon Oct 3 18:06:02 UTC 2011

Thank you to everyone for their thought answers and insights, they gave
me some great ideas. I was thinking about the parallel port polling idea,
but then my son wanted to measure the relation between temperature and XO
frequency, so we needed microsecond resolution.

tvb came up with just the perfect solution:
  - Cheap, $5 per part
  - Easy for my son to construct, an 8-pin PIC and a bypass capacitor for
    each PPS line
  - Easy to analyze results, one ASCII text line for each input pulse
  - Continuously counting indefinitely
  - sub-microsecond resolution (useful for measuring tempc for an XO)

Thanks again to everyone for their good thoughts and valuable time
spent considering my question.

Kevin