[time-nuts] multi input counter

Tijd Dingen tijddingen at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 01:15:09 UTC 2011

For a handy list of cheap fpga boards:

http://tristesse.org/CheapFPGADevelopmentBoards

I notice he's recently added the SOIO to the list. I've had my eye on that board as well for a while. If all you want is say 20 odd counters as you mentioned, then that even fits in the cheapest spartan-6 LX4 board. That board I would personally get for integration purposes, not development. For the latter the connectors etc are a little sparse. But once you're done and don't need all the switches and leds then it's quite nice for the price IMO.

For the bigger boards I'd say the nexys 2 (spartan-3E based) or nexys 3 (spartan-6 based) are good value for money. I have the atlys + nexys 2, and currently both are being hogged for counter related things. ;)

regards,
Fred