[time-nuts] HP5065A progress

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Oct 9 15:22:21 UTC 2011

Fellow time-nuts,

I have now diagnosed the unit B A15 PSU board to such a level that I now
know that the 9100-2478 transformer in the +20V to -20V switcher.

If someone is sitting on a spare transformer or A15 board (with working
transformer) that I could buy from you, please let me know. The rest of
the unit is in good operational order, so spending time to repair the
A15 board gives good bang for the buck.

I have just recapped the unit A board and when testing it in unit B
(which is the unit on my table right now) unit B locks up.

I will go down and repair traces and re-cap unit C A15 board now. If all
goes well with that, then I should be able to trim up unit C this evening.

One of these days I will have to learn the craft of winding my own
transformers, but right now it's not on top of my list of things to learn.

Cheers,
Magnus