[time-nuts] HBG swiss time transmitter shutdown

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 01:39:29 UTC 2011

Well its a funny thing actually. Looking at an amateur effort its not all
that hard at 1.6-7.0 Mhz to generate reasonable power of say 100-500 watts.
Certainly its not hard to create an exciter at those frequencies that are
derived from a quality reference. Heck many time nuts have CS references
etc. the concept is quite flexible if you consider adding some pahse
modulation perhaps. All in all pretty do-able. A few things tend to get in
the way like rules and regs etc.
But there is an alternate that would be very reasonable. The broadcast band
AM transmitters run all the time and if there exciters were controlled by
the reference you would have major portions of large areas covered. The
Broadcasters already paying for the power, transmitter, and antenna upkeep.
Of course nothing like that would happen and am modulation can have effects
on the carrier.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL