[time-nuts] HBG swiss time transmitter shutdown

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 19:00:58 UTC 2011

It could be 10 watts or as I suggest 100 or more. Depends on the range you
want to cover and what you can afford. Thats why the AM broadcast stations
are attractive, the infrastructure and power consumptions being taken care
of in the normal course of the business. Granted the CS ref and its power
are not.
Essentially it could be a national frequency distribution at very low cost
if satnav went away.
However if satnav did go away, I suspect I have other more serious concerns.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL