[time-nuts] Speedy neutrino puzzle solved

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Oct 16 00:13:48 UTC 2011

On 10/16/2011 01:50 AM, Mike S wrote:
> At 05:46 PM 10/15/2011, Jim Palfreyman wrote...
>> http://nbcu.mo2do.net/s/18488/29?itemId=tag:dvice.com,2011://3.83661&fullPageURL=/archives/2011/10/speedy-neutrino.php
>>

>> Comments please!
>
> What an annoying website.
>
> Here's a better source, without all the unnecessary pagination and
> pablum. http://arxiv.org/abs/1110.2685

Thanks. While the annoying website was scetchy in the science pub way,
and also failed to explain why neutrinos would experiencing this but not
photons, the paper is scetchy in that it makes quite rough assumptions
on the GPS system as a time transfer mechanism AND fails to address the
much tighter time difference of 2.4 ns that the time-transfer experiment
achieved.

It is a good comment that you need to consider the reference frame of
GPS birds etc. It fails to analyze what is already being done and
researched in that field.

So no, I do not think this paper debunk the OPERA paper, at least not by
itself.

I'm to tired to make a detailed break-down right now, therefore my
schetchy comments. I can dig up papers and provide detailed accounts if
needed.

Cheers,
Magnus