[time-nuts] Speedy neutrino puzzle solved

Javier Herrero jherrero at hvsistemas.es
Sun Oct 16 00:39:29 UTC 2011

El 16/10/2011 02:14, iovane at inwind.it escribió:
> And further, what the author states, in other words, would mean that
> the two clocks at Earth, in the frame in which the measurement was
> made, were off by 60 ns, isn't it?
More or less :) I'm also not sure of the accuracy of the phrase "The
clocks in the OPERA experiment are orbiting the earth in GPS
satellites", since as far as I've understood the GPS is used to use
common view for comparison of the Cs clocks. And it seems that the
author does not know that relativity has already been taken into account
in the GPS system.

I'm of the same opinion as Magnus: I do not think that this paper will
bebunk the OPERA one, not even a little :)

Regards,

Javier, EA1CRB