[time-nuts] Russian GPSDO

Yuri Ostry yuri at ostry.ru
Tue Oct 18 09:05:40 UTC 2011

Hello,

Tuesday, October 18, 2011, 12:01:46, Attila Kinali wrote:

A> On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 08:53:51 -0700
A> "WarrenS" <warrensjmail-one at yahoo.com> wrote:

>> So where do I get a cheap, used Russian GPSDO?
>> I have not seen any on EBay
>> Can I trade them my Tbolt?  :)

A> uBlox offers GLONASS ready modules for a few months.
A> You could take one of the many GPSDOs that use uBlox
A> modules (e.g. the ones from Jackson Lab) and solder
A> a new one in.

A>                         Attila Kinali

uBlox LEA-6H is "Glonass-ready", as well as "Galileo-ready". ;) I.e.
maybe, sometime, they will release firmware that is capable to use
Glonass signals. Current firmware is GPS-only, AFAIK.

I have samples of almost all GPS/GLONASS modules that is available
today and tested it (for navigation purposes only, of course, had no
time to check 1PPS signal). Not bad, of course, especially in northern
Russia. By the way, at least 3 manufacturers offer modules with same
footprint (and almost the same pinout) as current uBlox modules (TIM
and LEA).

--
Best regards,
 Yuri                          mailto:yuri at ostry.ru