[time-nuts] Rapco 1804M - serial problems?

Ziggy ziggy9 at pumpkinbrook.com
Tue Oct 18 21:10:08 UTC 2011

Actually no, it doesn't have to be the software. In my day job, I work for a company that makes terminal servers (networked serial concentrators) and have seen many times where USB/serial converters do not behave properly. I would bet that choosing a different USB/serial dongle would fix the problem. Generally speaking it seems the FTDI based units are the most dependable, but implementations vary.

HTH

Paul
---