[time-nuts] Rubidium (Rb) or Caesium (Cs)

bg at lysator.liu.se bg at lysator.liu.se
Wed Oct 19 05:21:54 UTC 2011

Tom,

Very good post, it will be a good reference point.

> ** Carrier Phase -- also a large gain in performance. There
> are dozens of papers in the last decade that show graphs
> of code vs. carrier performance. Note all the cheap GPS
> receivers we use, like the Z3801 and TBolt are code only.
> Carrier phase is usually found on expensive receivers.

The Oncore VP (with Z firmware option) has carrier phase measurements. I
have seen only a Trak 8821 with a Oncore with carrier option. Later
Oncores8 models removed that feature. The Tbolt does not have the usual
carrier phase measruements, it uses an unusual doppler form to present
carrier phase. Actually it pseudorange is also unusual in giving range in
fractionals of 1ms.

--

    Björn