[time-nuts] Rapco 1804M - serial problems?

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 16:15:47 UTC 2011

> David,
>
> I'm in a similar position to you regarding GPS aerials, may I ask where
> you obtained your 'better puck'?
>
> John H.

John,

I'm currently trying this unit from londoncolour:

  http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250687616146

and it produces a consistently higher total satellite strength reading, a
consistently higher number of satellites with non-zero strength readings,
the maximum number of reported fixes per minute has been consistent over
the last 90 minutes, but the PDOP while more consistent is still at 4 or
5, rather than the 2 required for the unit to re-define its average
position away from its original location in London!

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email:  david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk