[time-nuts] HP5060A A3 multiplier chain levels

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Oct 23 17:09:43 UTC 2011

On 10/23/2011 06:31 PM, paul swed wrote:
> Magnus have the 5061 assembly using a 5060 tube. Not sure that would help.
> I find virtually no information on the 5060.
> Never seen a manual.
> Regards
> Paul
> WB8TSL

I have the 5060A manual, but it is a little to brief to properly assist
me. I got a strong nice 5 MHz, I believe I have good enough 10 MHz all
the way to the trippling-diodes, but after this nothing.

I wanted to make sure I had my levels right so I could focus on the
correct part of the multiplier chain.

A few more test-points would help, so I have to reverse-engineer in my
head to probe the right places.

Also took a while to fiugre out that I needed to go into "Open Loop"
mode to power up the A3 assembly.

The OCXO crystal filter needed calibration, it was way off. It was
simple enough to resolve once I figured out I needed to lift the
oscillator out of the clamps. Later 5060As has a separate hole next to
the C-field adjustment.

Cheers,
Magnus