[time-nuts] Neutrino timing

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 18:12:04 UTC 2011

Boy I have to say that I agree with Bob. Nice and simple, but a boring drive
and heavens who has budgets for the tickets?
Looked at a map and though I could see either a dark fiber type connection
$$$$$, or radio at 400 miles. Transmitter reference at 200 miles could give
a common view. They grow really tall TV towers in the midwest. Certainly 50
MHz and reasonable power would be stable. I wonder about jitter in the
various technologies of the radio recvr. But with a CS/Rb ref. the system
could be quite good. Way back when ran a repeater at 145 Mhz for data with
directive antennas in Michigan. Ant at 60'. Very stable coverage at 140
Miles.
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL