[time-nuts] Neutrino timing

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 15:32:15 UTC 2011

On Tue, Oct 25, 2011 at 5:16 AM,  <shalimr9 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Unless it took hours for the light to come out of the star compared to the neutrinos, being at a great distance tends to make the flight time the dominant factor and swamp out small differences due to peculiarities at the point of emission.

Yes it did take "hours".  Because the explosion happened inside a
chunk of "hyper dense" mater.  The interior of a star in very dense
and photons just can't move through it.  Heck they don't move through
concrete either.

Then as the explosion continued finally the whole mess gets bigger as
the bits of fly outward.  Finally the hot little bits are exposed to
open space and radiate.  There is no light flash until the hot bits of
gas from the core explosion are exposed to space.    Stars are huge
and it takes "hours" for heated parts to travel to a place where they
have a direct line of site radiation path to Earth.

Another way to say it is that the light we see is not from the nuclear
explosion.  That was hidden from us by the outer layers of the star.
The light we see is from the hot gas that is pushed into  space by the
explosion and it takes some hours for the gas to get pushed to a place
we ca see it
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California