[time-nuts] OT: In search of strange transistor data

Gerhard Hoffmann dk4xp at arcor.de
Fri Oct 28 21:34:28 UTC 2011

On 10/28/2011 04:58 PM, Ulrich Bangert wrote:
> Fellow time nuts,
>
> does anyone of you have available the specs of one of the the following
> transistors?
>
> 1) PT5744
>
> 2) ENI5744
>
> 3) TRW201

None of them is in the 1977 TRW data book, European edition.
At that time, TRW swallowed Motorola Bordeaux. We then built 300W
shortwave amplifiers for an ultrasonic phased array
and TRW's development cycle was so fast that you couldn't get the
transistors any more when the data sheets were ready. :-(

Deep down in some moving box in this house are some wideband amplifiers
(relatively wideband) that contain some TRW transistors in TO-5 and
a gray plastic case with mounting screw and 4 radial leads, probably
PT-xyzzy
Can't promise anything, but I'll try to find them over this extended
weekend.

regards, Gerhard