[time-nuts] C-Max Receiver Experiment

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 17:04:04 UTC 2011

> Hi David,
> Thanks for pointing out the problem with the figures in my webpage.  I
> have
> fixed it.  I'm going to attempt to capture the analog signal by probing
> the
> QOut pin.

The updated images make the effects clearer.  It will be interesting to
see the image capture.

> Good point about "precision" - it's all relative.  This is an extension
> of
> a previous project of mine - a clock I built around an LPro.  Setting it
> the Thunderbolt is a bit of a pain and I was hoping to build in the
> C-Max
> to make it more "fire and forget".  I was hoping for a time signal
> within
> several microseconds of UTC without the need of an outdoor antenna.
> Like
> most of my projects, the journey is more interesting than the
> destination,
> so even if I don't accomplish that goal I'm still having fun.  Embedding
> consumer GPS is probably the more practical solution.
>
> Thanks,
> -Justin

Microseconds, no.  Milliseconds perhaps.  But sometimes nothing at all
depending on the time of day and season of the year etc. etc.  Let's hear
more about the project as it progresses.

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email:  david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk