[time-nuts] From Sundials to Atomic Clocks

Pierpaolo Bernardi olopierpa at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 08:13:07 UTC 2011

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 19:27, Mike Fahmie <mpfahmie at lbl.gov> wrote:
> On a visit to NIST Boulder (then known as NBS) many years ago (1978), I was
> presented with a copy of NBS Monograph 155, "From Sundials to Atomic Clocks"
> by one of the authors.  I found it to be a fantastic read, it answers all of
> those questions about Time & Frequency that you were afraid to ask.

Excuse me if this is not news to many of you, but in case someone doesn't know,
this monograph is also available in print from Dover:

http://www.amazon.com/Sundials-Atomic-Clocks-Understanding-Frequency/dp/0486409139

(it says in the book that it is a printing of the 1999 version of the monograph)

I enjoyed the read. :)

Cheers
P.