[time-nuts] A HP738BR experience - Was: HP quality... a HP5065Aexperience

WB6BNQ wb6bnq at cox.net
Sat Sep 10 23:56:00 UTC 2011

Hi Bob,

I also have one of those and its companion Frequency Response test set; hp-739.
The attenuator is strictly a high impedance device designed to look into 1
MegOhom or more.  Aimed at high impedance meters and scopes.  Quite stable for
the "day," but could be improved by changing out the Vref tube with a modern
zener, like a TL431, in a scaled circuit to provide the proper voltage

I would keep it in tact.  Nothing wrong with tube technology.  I will email you a
738 manual in PDF.

Bill....WB6BNQ