[time-nuts] HP quality

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Sep 12 06:49:20 UTC 2011

On 12/09/11 08:22, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message<20110911230455.257DAA007E at locke.alientech.net>, Mike S writes:
>
>> [...] along with ISO
>> 900*, which amounts to "you can make crap, as long as you document it
>> and try to do better."
>
> ISO9000 has no requirement that you try to do better.
>
> ISO9000's only requires that you can document how crap your wares are,
> and that you can document how you determined that.
>
> You can be ISO9000 certified with this QA process:
>
> 	"Kick a tire, listen for rattling sound, if not too bad
> 	sounding, check 'Inspection OK' box on price-sign".
>
> The only thing you have to document subsequently, is that all cars
> had at least one tire kicked.

It isn't a quality framework standard, it is a quality framework
documentation standard. That is at least how I have percieved it. It can
be used for good, unfortunatly it seems this is a rare event... probably
due to quick-fix consultants.

At work we have a process, it is documented internally, but it is not
really the truth and to be honest, there are many details which is far
from the model.

Cheers,
Magnus