[time-nuts] Averaging Location for Position Hold

David VanHorn D.VanHorn at elec-solutions.com
Tue Sep 13 21:25:20 UTC 2011

Also, can you really trust Google Earth as an authoritative source?
I'm not sure.    An interesting test would be to go find a USGS
benchmark or a section marker near you then enter it's location into
Google.  See if Google hits the marker.
--

For what it's worth, my Thunderbolts here did a 48 hour survey, and the position they report, fed into google earth, hits the north side of the 3' x 3' skylight they are in.
Roughly 18" error.

Maybe luck, but they both report almost identical positions.  I'm north of Denver, so I'm a bit off the spherical average.