[time-nuts] Insulation - was: OCXO and Aging

shalimr9 at gmail.com shalimr9 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 12:23:13 UTC 2011

This issue has been discussed at length several times. I remember in the last year discussions about using a large pool of water or concrete blocks to reduce temperature variations, and the discussions about overall thermal insulation (too much is not necessarily desirable since the oscillator power has to be dissipated) and reducing thermal gradients (most desirable).

Its all in the recent archives.

Does not mean that the subject should not be revisited with new information, but there is a lot of good stuff to read first.

Didier KO4BB

Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless thingy while I do other things...