[time-nuts] Google NTP Servers and smearing leap seconds...

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Sep 18 11:52:46 UTC 2011

On 18/09/11 13:32, shalimr9 at gmail.com wrote:
> Actually, if you pay attention, it probably only takes your bank a few uS to debit your account when you write a check. It takes 5 days to credit it when you receive one.
>
> A perfect example of asymmetric processing :)

I am amazed checks is still being in use. They are virtually gone here
since many, many years. I have never had a check-book and don't see why
I ever would need one.

I receive checks from the US for smaller sums. Usually not worth the
effort to get the money.

The one check I will *NEVER* cash in is the one from Don Knuth, for 2.56
USD. I have the frame, I just forgot to frame it.

Cheers,
Magnus