[time-nuts] Subject: Listening to the List Owner

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 12:11:05 UTC 2011

> David,
>
> I appreciate the subtle humour here, but virtually all people I
> communicate
> with top post, and I've been using email since the early 90s. It is only
> groups like this where it seems to be a problem.  Maybe it is a function
> of
> the mail reader that is being used, (not sure on that one), but I think
> you
> will find that you are in the minority.
>
> Rob

I may be in the minority, Rob, but the natural order for English has been
from top to bottom for as long as I have read books, magazine, newspapers,
reports, written letters or diaries etc.  It seems completely unnatural
and illogical to me to have the answer before the question!  I agree that
it may be the fault of some mail readers that top-posting has started, and
people failing to trim older parts of the message, and failing to scroll
down before they place their replies.

However, likely this is well off-topic, so I'll stop there.

PS: I don't do HTML e-mail either!

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu