[time-nuts] Tek high voltage probes

gary lists at lazygranch.com
Thu Sep 22 19:10:27 UTC 2011

Just a FYI, some claim Ronsonol butane isn't very pure as compared to
other brands. Some lighter manufacturers suggest not to use it in their
devices. I have no idea what trace substances they object to.

Reality? Who knows. Seems most butane comes out of Korea and could
simply be repackaged/branded.

Hopefully there are few smokers on the list, and if you do, don't smoke
near your instruments. I only use a lighter for camping. You guys in the
UK have the best: Turboflame. I've repaired (soldered) antennas in the
field with a turboflame.
> http://www.turboflame.co.uk/
Try lighting an Esbit square with a regular lighter versus a turbo.