[time-nuts] Faster than light neutrino

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 18:21:24 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Javier Herrero <jherrero at hvsistemas.es> wrote:
> El 23/09/2011 18:40, Chris Albertson escribió:
>>
>> If this result is confirmed it really changes things.  but I'm more
>> willing to bet they find some hidden error in the experiment.  I hope
>> they don't  Physics needs to be shaken up.
>>
>> Now I wish I had taken classes like differential geometry and
>> topology.  My guess if this result holds is that neutrinos are taking
>> a "short cut" and maybe don't see the curvature of space and take
>> straight path, not noticing that there is gravity.
>>

> That would *really *shake the physics (and the concept of universe) :)

A common proof technique in math is to assume X is true then show if
it is then 1=0 or some other condition we know is wrong.   So
therefore X is not true.

That is what I was getting at.  Assume C is not a hard speed limit.
Then what must be true?   I'm sure something we currently believe to
be not true is implied by this.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California