[time-nuts] seeking a time/clock software architecture

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 22:51:30 UTC 2011

> Yes.. And there's no standard form that I've been able to discern for how
> those polynomials are specified.  It's
> vehicle/spacecraft/instrument/software tool specific.
>
> So if you're writing a program to handle it automatically, you need to code
> up something special each time.  These days, we get telemetry calibration in
> forms like .pdf files generated from a word document, plots from Matlab,
> Excel spreadsheets in some unique form, various and sundry import/export
> files from whatever program they're using to process telemetry, and so

There is a standard for this but it's horrible and no one implements
it completely or perfectly.
http://www.wsmr.army.mil/RCCsite/Documents/124-11_TMATS%20Handbook/124-11%20TMATS%20Handbook.pdf

Some of us have a better system than passing spread sheets or PDFs.
I'm seeing consolidation to an type of XML based system.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California