[time-nuts] Fast than light neutrino

Javier Serrano javier.serrano.pareja at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 19:14:31 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 10:07 AM, Magnus Danielson <
magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org> wrote:

> I assumed so from the statements relating to time, in particular the PTB
> time transfer test proving a 2,3 ns difference. Which still doesn't satisfy
> my curiosity.

We still don't have the final PTB report. Here's a preliminary one:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13409775/ptb_preliminary_report.pdf

> A 60 ns offset between the sites would account for the "missing time".
> Similarly a 18 m shorter distance would also account for the "missing
> time". Due to the large distance I would start in that end to ensure it
> works.

The geodesy effort was led by others. I am told they did things very
carefully.

>>> Do you have direct fiber between the locations?
>>>

>> You mean between CERN and Gran Sasso? No, but that's certainly something
>> we
>> could explore for the future.
>>

> A fiber-based time-transfer would be nice complementary as it would provide
> an independent timing path.

Any ideas on how to proceed? This is unknown territory for me.

Cheers,

Javier