[time-nuts] HP5065A digital clock info

ed breya eb at telight.com
Wed Sep 28 00:15:57 UTC 2011

The original clock IC is probably OK - I needed to ID it to figure
out how to modify the circuit for new power and interface. I have a
couple of (probably OK) pulled MM5315s also, which could sub with a
slight pinout rearrangement if needed.

After looking at the manual, I realized that I did look at this
series of parts way back, but didn't get the connection because I
thought it would have to be a type that takes 1 Hz input rather than
50/60 Hz. I see now that they were used in the "set" mode, bypassing
the internal divide by 50/60.

The clock module I have is the type with a 555 used as a one-shot for
normal operation, or as an oscillator for fast setting. I think this
is probably the newer of the designs, since it is simpler.

Ed